2012 is over and 2013 has begun. Happy New Year to all! It was a great year and as I look back, I think of all of the things I did and great experiences that I had.
Here’s a brief list in no particular order:
- I got a real, grownup librarian job which I love
- I ran a summer reading program without dying
- I gave presentations to crowds of hundreds of middle schoolers (often at the end of the day in June . . . I survived that, so everything else doesn’t seem that hard)
- I went to some amazing conferences (MLA, NELA, MLS Teen Summit)
- My sister and I ran half marathons
- I visited “The Real America” aka Colorado (that’s what my boyfriend claims)
- I got to spend time with my family – three trips to the Windy City in one year!
- I had great times with friends
- I bought myself a Kitchenaid stand mixer, finally realizing one of my childhood dreams (yes, that was a childhood dream)
- I saw my very first ballet – The Nutcracker at the Boston Ballet
- I read some amazing books, and a few terrible ones
- I wrote (a mostly terrible) teen zombie novel
Finally, I’m still very happy that this happened:
But seriously, there’s a lot that I’m looking forward to for this year. I’m looking forward to a year of new challenges at work and hoping to make my year even better than last. I’m planning a running relay race on the Cape for May with some friends (12 people, 36 runs, 200 miles, fun)! There will be more books to read and experiences to have. It’s going to be awesome.
Coming up, look for my recommended reading list for 2013 and the titles I’m looking forward to reading this year. See you soon!