Someone nominated me for a blog award thingy! Isn’t that nice!?
It’s the Booker Award (sadly not to be confused with the Man Booker Award/Prize). Cool! So to accept, I do the following:
#1, thank the person who nominated you.
#2, name your five favorite books.
#3, post the award icon on your blog.
#4, nominate five bloggers who have literary and book-centered blogs.
Let’s do this!
1. Thanks Caitlin @ caitlinsternwrites! This is so kind of you.
2. Oh jeez. Five favorite books? Like of ALL TIME? How about five favorite books of today/the ones I can see on my bookshelf:
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte (aka “the Better Bronte) Bronte because Jane’s a sassy (albeit plain) badass.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because it was just selected by Time Magazine as the best fiction book of the year and it’s for teens. Yes!
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. It’s so sad and I love it; beautiful writing, too.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbare Kingsolver because I am my mother’s daughter.
- Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin because there is a flying horse and consumptive beauties who sleep on rooftops, among other lovely and strange things. (Oh no. I didn’t mention Hyperion, or the Sparrow, or The Portrait of a Lady, or The Time Traveler’s Wife, or Beauty Queens, or Lolita or all the others I love, too.)
3. Icon to be posted once I figure out how to do so permanently. (Did it!)
4. Finally, I nominate you guys:
Thanks! And now I should go try to finish that zombie novel….